Frog!

20180125_211925200_iOS

I made this frog for my nieces birthday. It is to hold her pajamas (even though she turned 24.) 🙂 The mouth opens up for the pajamas. It is very soft – made out of Bernat Blanket yarn.  I was surprised that this pattern was A LOT of work. It involved sewing a lot of pieces together (I won’t be making another). When I looked at the picture, I didn’t think there was as much sewing as there was.  For example: you made two feet and sewed them together before attaching to the leg. The pattern is a paid pattern from Snappy Tots. You can find it here.  I do think there is an error in the requirements for the supplies. She lists 500 yards for the Bernat Blanket yarn. That is 2.5 skeins of the 10.5 oz skeins. That is WAY too much. I didn’t even come close to using that much. I used more like 300 yards of the main color (a little over one big skein). I won’t be making another one of these guys.

Bunny!

This was a fun bunny to make. I liked it because it was not your typical looking bunny. The pattern was easy to follow and it was easy to sew together. I had issues getting the feet on right.  I ended up redoing the feet attachment. The first attachment had the bunny falling over.  I can’t decide if I should keep the bunny or give it as a gift … He seems to like to watch me from wherever he is sitting. 🙂

The pattern is from a Simply Crochet magazine.  It is in UK terms.  I do like the magazine but I eventually canceled my subscription and got a refund for my remaining issues.  The company that was managing the US distribution was not good.  I wouldn’t get every issue and many issues arrived 1-2 months late. I got tired of tracking my issues.  I have decided to buy the magazine one at a time to prevent that frustration.

Kitty Rug

20180101_193703251_iOS20171231_180142104_iOS20171231_180150345_iOS20171231_180145941_iOS

I started this rug in the fall. I bought the pattern but I can’t remember why I wanted to make it :).  It worked up pretty fast as it uses three strands of yarn. I used Red Heart brand. I don’t like putting things together so I had to psych myself up to do it. It was easy to put together just cumbersome because of the size. The pattern is worth the purchase. It is very well written, has clear instructions and corresponding pictures included. The pattern is by Ira Rott. It is called Sassy the Kitty Cat. You can find the pattern here.

 

CAL’s

I joined a few more Crochet-Alongs. The bunny with the antler headband is called Christopher the Bunny. The designer is LittleAquaGirl. Her Esty shop is here.  For $5 a month, amigurumipatterns.net is hosting CAL’s. I decided to try it. The pattern was very well written. There was a lot of pictures which helps when sewing the bunny together. There is a forum where the designer is active. This comes in handy if there are questions regarding the pattern. I probably won’t keep this subscription as $5 a month adds up and I already have a lot of patterns I want to make. My payment for December already processed, so I will be doing it for one more month at least 🙂

The mitten was super fun and fast to make. It is designed to be a gift holder but I plan on using it as a decoration. I can see making more of them. There are so many color combinations. This was hosted by Happily Hooked Magazine. I have an annual subscription to the magazine. The pattern was also well written. You can get the pattern on Ravelry here (you do not need to have the magazine.) The designer is Sonya Blackstone.

Moose

20171112_131019984_iOS

The Friendly Redfox hosted another CAL. This one was for a moose and reindeer. The pattern is here.  The pattern was well-written and the moose worked up quickly.  She released the pattern in three pieces. I wasn’t reading too closely and missed the directions on where to attach the legs. They were at the bottom of day one – oops! I attached them a little too far back so it doesn’t sit as easily as it would if the legs were attached closer to the front.  He is a nice addition to winter decor.